Types of Personal Information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or Business Security Health Check;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
How we collect personal information
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties, including where you:
- contact us through on our website;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise; and
- interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising.
Use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to provide security services, information and advice;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- seeking voluntarily response to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback;
- seeking consent in relation to publications of reviews and testimonials; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may also include parties that store data outside of Australia.
When we disclose personal information to third parties, we only disclose as much data as the third party needs to know for the specific purpose. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we seek confirmation that such service providers comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, European Union General Data Protection Regulation, or are subject to a binding law or scheme that offers substantially similar protection.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How we treat personal information
The Information that is provided to us is stored on computer and paper based files as appropriate. We endeavour to keep all Information safe by taking all reasonable precautions to protect Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We process the data in a manner that is lawful, fair and transparent. We only use the data for legitimate purposes and do not sell personal information. We limit the use of data to only what is necessary and process the data to maintain integrity and accuracy. Once personal information is no longer required, we securely dispose of the data.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. We do not collect sensitive information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Individuals under 16 years of age cannot consent to the processing of personal data, and consent must be granted by their parent or guardian.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access and portability: You may request details or copies of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Erasure: You may request for your personal information to be erased or a restriction placed on how it is to be used. We will process this request if the data is no longer needed for the original reason it was collected.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Your Business Security Pty Ltd ABN 17626616242
Last update: July 18